The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 2016 Club Meets
PostPosted:Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:34 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Let's set up some recurring dates for 2016 :thumbup: Below is a list for Santa Pod and Ace Cafe, (i'll copy and paste in any other recurring meets you guys know of). We can keep one off events like Speedfest in a dedicated thread to those events, and have this for the recurring ones.

SantaPod Run What Ya Brungs seem to have gotten the most interest as its location seems to be a good middle ground. There are various dates available, thinking a few select date, once per month? Admission is £10 and additionally £25 if you want to race (unlimited runs, limited by how busy it is) from what i have read.

How about putting all of these dates in as the monthly meets? I'm sure not everyone will go to each one?

SantaPod:
Sunday 15th May 2016
Saturday 11th June 2016
Saturday 9th July 2016
Saturday 13th August 2016 OR Saturday NIGHT SPECIAL 20th August 2016 OR Sunday 21st August 2016
Saturday 17th September 2016

http://www.rwyb.co.uk/index.php

I'm guessing we can just park up in a section and collect the Camaros together in one place? Only been to the Pod once but that was about 10 years ago.

I missed out the big event dates such as Dragstalgia etc. as i think those will require separate organisation and may incur club stands and so on, so for now, just trying to to keep it easy. This one's a nice turn up when you like type event

---

Ace Cafe also hosts an American car meet on the last Saturday of each month (followed by Chelsea in the evening if you've still got some time to kill). How about we nail down some Ace Cafe dates too? You can turn up normally from 3, even though it's printed as 4pm onwards.

Ace Cafe: (Always on a Saturday)
30 April 2016: All American Cruise-In + Chevy Special 4pm (I think we should definitely all try and make this one (weather pending) as it's a Chevy themed event)
28 May 2016: Pick up party. I think this one's like a swingers party? :eh:
25 June 2016 : Pontiac special. If anyone's is into cousins?
30 July 2016 : Cadillac special. Don't think there will be any room left after the first 2 get there.
27 August 2016 : Corvette special.
24 September 2016 : T bird special. Daddy took that one away.
29 October 2016 : Oldsmobile special.

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

2016 Club Meets

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted:Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:40 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
Ray, I was at most of the 'last Saturdays' at the Ace in 2015.
Twistedsanity & firebird68 were there a few times, chevy-stu and yourself made it once (or was it twice?).
It's a cheap and (relatively) local meet, so would be nice to meet there a bit more often in 2016.
Another meet worth mentioning (again) is The Goat at Hertford Heath on the first Sunday lunchtime of the month.
A gathering of mixed 'interesting' cars/bikes. I have been to quite a few of those the last year, as has firebird68.

I realise that Stu's work schedule makes the Ace on Saturdays difficult.

Loved the comment on the T-Bird special.

Post subject: Re: 2016 Club Meets
PostPosted:Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:42 pm 
Big Block

Hi Barry,
Good to hear from you!
I think i made it once last year, as most weekends were dedicated to working on the Camaro. It was the day of the awful traffic!
It's definitely a good to meet and the free part is nice. I do plan on attending many of the events this year. Will be nice if we can grab a small area where we can bunch our cars together.
I've cleaned up the future events section a bit and also added in the goat meet you mention to the recurring meets section: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3428
Hopefully see more of us at the various events this year :thumbup:

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:56 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:79' camaro road & track day toy. 383 stroker, 5 speed TKO trans, lots of suspension stuff, 13" Vette brakes, 18" wheels.
I'm usually up at the Ace 2nd monday of each month too, which is now Petrolhead Nirvana/Fueltopia night, but they're to let anyone in, and could be a good school night tag along if anyone fancies..

PostPosted:Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:55 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
I have heard that Hot Rod night can be good as well, although I have not tried it myself so far.

PostPosted:Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:57 pm 
Big Block

Quote:
I have heard that Hot Rod night can be good as well, although I have not tried it myself so far.
It's great, i used to go to it every month (during Spring to Autumn) for about 4 years. Didn't go last year as i was putting a lot of extra time into the camaro. It's usually busier than the last Saturday of the month events, and you get a nice few burnouts too. If you're lucky, it's warm and you get a nice sunset, setting the scene nicely.

PostPosted:Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:19 pm 
Big Block

There are now signs everywhere begging people not to do donuts as the dibble are just looking for an excuse to shut them down, too many morons in rice burners having accidents now, apparently just before Christmas there was an incident involving a member of the public getting hit either by a cod worth or as well as a cosworth

PostPosted:Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:79' camaro road & track day toy. 383 stroker, 5 speed TKO trans, lots of suspension stuff, 13" Vette brakes, 18" wheels.
Vid going round with an idiot in a Lexus doing donuts on the roundabout, then heading under the bridges getting out of control and hits a parked car..

PostPosted:Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:22 pm 
Big Block

found it ..

PostPosted:Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:18 pm 
Big Block

Ye, the signs have been up for a good few years but they've added more i think and they get ignored and as you say the police are definitely just waiting for a reason now, more than ever. It's normally the numpties in ricers and they are often locals who just turn up to any meet to try and show off, that cause the accidents / dangerous incidents. That vid is a good example - there were a few guys working on a car and one of them got pincered between two cars thanks to the really cool Lexus guy.

I've only seen 1 incident by a yank in all of the 4 years i've been, it was a guy doing a burnout in a tri chevy and the throttle got stuck open, leading him to plow into a parked car. Still got the video of it but haven't posted it on youtube. The tri Chevy owner found the owner of the vectra and bought it off him for about £1k.

I heard it was getting a bit lary again over the past year, i did actually go to hot rod night once last year thinking about it, it was when they just laid down new tarmac and added a speed bump. Extra sticky tarmac i should mention. Saw 3 cars break when attempting to do a burnout. One shattered its rear diff, another crunched its driveshaft and another broke its rear suspension if i remember right. I don't know how it's managed to stay open for so long and i'm surprised there aren't police hanging around.