The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:22 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Just having a think about the year ahead and saw that Rockingham do regular track days (~2 per month). Wondered if it would be worth setting a few dates that we could make? Few options below, simple route is just to arrange to go to an existing track day and with 5+ cars get a discount, or arrange something more specific with them around the club.

As a guide, "taster" track sessions are £40inc VAT and include tuition, 3 guided laps then 20 minutes of free time on the track. Open pit is more expensive at ~£200 but you get an open pit i.e. able to use the track all day.

Would be cool if we can do a couple of meets at Rockingham for the swirly driving and then another couple at Santapod for the arrow straight driving bits. Even if not doing track stuff, could be a good way to have a club meet and watch others on the track.

Static Meets & Shows

Are you part of a car club and interested in organising an event for all your members to enjoy? We can help you create club events of all shapes and sizes. Rockingham offers a range of activities for clubs of any size whether you would like to book a few places on a track day, organise a static meet or hire the venue exclusively.

Track Days

Rockingham welcomes club members on all of our track days and can offer special discount rates for five or more vehicles when booked as a group. For larger club events the circuit can be hired exclusively, we have multiple circuit layouts to choose from and you will also have access to our modern pit garages and facilities.

http://www.rockingham.co.uk/trackdays/

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

Rockingham track days / club meets

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:55 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 454
I would certainly be interested in both the straight and twisty tracks, but there are a few things I need to fix on my car before then, not least suspension and a wheel wobble!

PostPosted:Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:57 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:79' camaro road & track day toy. 383 stroker, 5 speed TKO trans, lots of suspension stuff, 13" Vette brakes, 18" wheels.
I'm up for Rockingham !!!! Did a open pit lane few years back alas in the Mitsubishi as Camaro was poorly that day , nice quick track with lots of space.. curved bank is quite cool too.
Quitea good spot for a hang out too i think. Noise limit is 104db so most except very noisy cars should be ok..

Taster days are a great intro to track driving as everyone is more cautious and speeds are bit lower....

PostPosted:Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:43 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1999 Camaro Z28, Black.
I'd be up for track day or two at Rockingham and a couple runs down Santa pod

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm 
Big Block

Sounds great to have a few onboard already :thumbup:

We'll work out some dates sooner the time then, i was thinking from April onwards when the weather changes a bit for the better.

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:02 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1999 Camaro Z28, Black.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :D

PostPosted:Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:51 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:Camaro 1977 LT 305CI V8 small block
I would like to do track days in my Camaro, but do you need special insurance / recovery ? as I would be very worried about breaking down due to pushing the car to far !
Is Rockingham a banked oval track ?

PostPosted:Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:08 am 
Big Block

I think special insurance is required - few options:

Sometimes current insurer provides the option and you can pay a bit extra to add the option
There is standalone trackday insurance available from a few providers
Sometimes the track has a deal where you can buy insurance for the day through their provider

Rockingham is a banked oval track but i'm not sure if they use this on the open days... they have an infield track as well which is normally the track used on experience days (unless it's a NASCAR type experience). My best guess is that it will be held on the infield track, with maybe some optional days on the oval?