Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: 50 TH CAMARO ANNIVERSARY
PostPosted:Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:30 am 
Small Block

Car Details:69 SS convertible Camaro .
70 convertible Dodge Challenger.
Good morning few months ago i registered myself in your Forum to speak about our French project .
I give you all the information right now.
We will be happy to welcome you for this event.

CAMARO 50 YEARS ANNIVERSARY
Camaro Days International
The Chevrolet Camaro Member Club de France (CCMcf) invites all camaro & US vehicle owners to come and celebrate the Chevrolet Camaro 50 years anniversary April 29th & 30th, 2017, at Magny Cours (58), in partnership with the Classic Days.
Discount on entree fees for club members
Entree fees range from the exposition of the vehicle to driving sessions on the mythical F1 race course.
On site camping allowed, hotels ans guesthouses nearby.
PROGRAM
Regional convoys to get to the race track.
Designation of regional convoys with many meeting points along the way.
For more infos, check the CCMcf web site & FaceBook
Evening of april 29th
Group drive to the anniversary dinner & concert :
To close the day, a group drive in convoy saturday evening to reach the Classic Days Celebration dinner is planned.
A dedicated space will be ours to celebrate together this great event to the sound of live music. All are welcome !
On site activities
Swap Meet & spare parts sale
Commercial stands, clothing, goodies
Access to the race course & paddock
Various activities for children
And many other surprises !
FOR MORE INFO
Registration procedure and fees will soon be on line, via the Classic Days official web site
For further info and if you have any question :
Web site : http://www.chevrolet-camaro.net
Email : contact@chevrolet-camaro.net
FaceBook : http://www.facebook.com/group/1566045670352655/

50 TH CAMARO ANNIVERSARY

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted:Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:29 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:4th Gen ls1
Lowered,rollin on 18"s
Lots of std stuff
Sounds like it should be a great weekend !!! :thumbup:

PostPosted:Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 pm 
Small Block

Good evening everybody,first I would like to wish you an happy new year.we are approaching our big event to France next April (29/30) .If you are interesting to come and Share with us these two great days I invite you have a look here http://www.chevrolet-camaro.net/forum/f ... =1#top,and visit the site of the CLassic days to register yourself.If you need further information do not hesitate to email me:renaud.anne65@orange.fr
Best regards
Renaud.

PostPosted:Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Thanks Renaud, event is looking great!

What's the difference in the entry options between: expo, rallye + expo and access piste? I guess the first (expo) gets you entry to only displaying a car. What's the difference between the next 2, rallye and access piste?

Is it possible to do just 1 day? Are there discounted tickets if just attending for 1 day?

I'm tempted, thinking about doing an Alpine tour afterwards to go on some of the near-ish by alp roads that are famous for driving on. Could be a fun thing if maybe a few of us could do it?

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:27 pm 
Small Block

Hi 78 Camaro,as you wrote ,the first one is for the entry and let the car to be seen by everybody.The rally,is a short cruising around the circuit to discover the nature,different point of view.
The last one ,the most expensive allow you to drive on the race circuit .
Unfortunately it is not possible to do both the rally and the race.
At the end of the day ,all the owners will be invited to drive their car on the circuit for the big parade.Camaro's owners will take place behind them .
Another thing to ask is ,if you will be interesting in sharing the lunch and how many of yours.
We will welcome you around our CCM special place.

It is a good idea to think about a road transalpine trip.Impossible to tell you who will be interesting in.
We will organize different meeting points to converge to Magny cour circuit.It should be a great idea to join us somewhere and make the road together.

The entry you pay it is for the program you want.No possibility to pay less for one day.

Let me know.
Best regards.
Renaud.

PostPosted:Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:04 pm 
Big Block

So it's 355 euros to drive the track? Plus entry? is that two people in the car driving as you would on a track day? My French is pretty non existent, anybody else on here interested? Is it going to be camaros only on the track or a free for all?

PostPosted:Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:52 am 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
From how i read it, the 355 EUR includes entry, parking car in display area, parade lap and then driving on the circuit. But now you mention it, i'm not sure what's meant by driving on the circuit - i thought it was a parade lap but as there's a parade lap at the end anyway, even for just parking up, then maybe it means a few racey laps?

It's a bit expensive but then again it's a bit of a once in a lifetime, especially if you get a few racey laps.

I'm still temped - i'm likely having a manual box installed early April and the biggest thing for me is that i haven't used the car more than to and from the MOT station in 7 years, so i'm not at 100% confidence with it and haven't learned it's quirks yet (and how often it needs fuel), so i'm anxious about a long drive far from home. I will start using the car when the weather improves in March (hopefully) and if i gain the confidence with it, i'll be up for it.

Might do a separate Alpine tour later in the year and have this as a long weekend.

Would be a nice small convoy, meeting up somewhere near Dover / Folkestone.

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:15 pm 
Big Block

It's tempting, I have a friend who would have to do most of the driving for me or I wouldn't be able to walk when I got there but I'm confident I would have the only 30th SS there so it could be worth the effort, no mention of its just a big car show that the camaro anniversary has tagged onto or a show specialy put on for the camaros though

PostPosted:Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:43 pm 
Small Block

"From how i read it, the 355 EUR includes entry, parking car in display area, parade lap and then driving on the circuit. But now you mention it, i'm not sure what's meant by driving on the circuit - i thought it was a parade lap but as there's a parade lap at the end anyway, even for just parking up, then maybe it means a few racey laps? "

No you are going to race on the circuit.it is not only a parade.Two or three sessions will be organized .The parade will be at the end .

PostPosted:Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 pm 
Small Block

If you need further information,here is my email:renaud.anne65@orange.fr