The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:42 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
OK, back from Texas, still jet-lagged as hell, and catching up on anything I missed.
From what little I have seen and read post-Brands, I am wondering what happened.
It seemed that in the build-up, the turn-out was going to be quite good.
How many from this forum actually turned up?
And where the hell did they put you?
Last year we were in a pretty good position....and the weather was good....and the turn-out was OK.

If it's any consolation, Texas was pretty wet a lot of the time, I didn't get to any car shows, didn't get to shoot any firearms.
But I did get to sit on the front porch with a Bud and watch the wheely-bins float by.
They know how to turn a street into a river in Texas.

Re: American Speedfest 4, Sunday 12th June 2016

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted:Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:54 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 454
Hard for me to answer how many turned up as I don't really know anyone, but I saw Z28Stu and Berlinetta Chris. There was a few other Camaro's in our area but we were scattered, I estimate 4 or 5 of us at most!

If you look at the photos from 3 posts back you can see Z28Stu's car in front of the building with the American flags. This is where we were, basically next to the entrance almost.

PostPosted:Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:37 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
I did wonder where the parking area was, it doesn't look familiar. Was that within the main grounds? I know that Flakmonkey had some last minute issues with a fuel pump burning out, ChevyStu is without Chevy and i coudn't get mine finished in time due to a back injury, so that was a 3rd of us off of the list. Mustang lot seem to get the best turnout each year, i wonder how many numbers are in the owners club, they easily had around 75 cars there last year.

Did you vote Trump whilst in Texas :lol: I just saw he's doing a rally there today, apparently he's projeccted to get good votes in the red areas (i think red means south and south east).

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:55 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
He will most probably be the next president.
It's not that most Americans like him that much, they just like the alternatives so much less.

The day after I got back to the UK, the Hot Rod magazine Power Tour rolled into the little Texas town I where had been for two weeks.
Could I have timed it any fracking worse?

Hopefully all you 'project' guys will be on the road soon.