The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: White Lettered Tyres
PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2017 4:00 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Not really much of a tech tip, but thought i'd share anyway. The white writing on my tyres were more of a yellow and dirt colour, so used some 240 grit sandpaper on a small flexible rubber block and some water and they came up looking much better.

The 'C' is done, the others for comparison.

Attachments:
20170501_185549[1].jpg
20170501_185549[1].jpg [2.78MiB |Viewed 1097 times ]

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

White Lettered Tyres

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: White Lettered Tyres
PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2017 8:07 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:Couple of '70 Mustangs
Too much like hard work, I always found a thinners-soaked rag worked better and if it was warm and indoors, would happily get you off your trolley for next to nothing :lol:
Cheers, Martin

PostPosted:Wed May 03, 2017 9:25 am 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Good idea on the thinner - the other side still needs to be done so will give that a try :thumbup:

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 am 
Small Block

Car Details:Honda
Very Nice idea