The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: New headlight bulbs
PostPosted:Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 454
My family car is a Jeep Patriot which I am really impressed with, but one thing I wasn't so impressed with was the brightness of the headlight bulbs.

So I popped to Halford and bought a pair of bulbs advertised as up to 120% brighter and for a measly £32 for the pair they really have made a huge difference! :)

New headlight bulbs

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: New headlight bulbs
PostPosted:Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:19 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Were they H4 bulbs? I noticed a huge difference going from the sealed beams (candles) on the Camaro to H4's.

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:55 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 454
Yes, these ones

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... reId=10001

Hope I can do the same for my Camaro!

PostPosted:Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:57 am 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Quote:
Hope I can do the same for my Camaro!
You absolutely can :)

These are the ones i got for mine, £24.95 delivered, includes housings, the H4 bulbs and the sidelights. Bargain! Fit perfect, the only thing is that if you are running the sidelight, you would need to drill a hole into the light bucket. Otherwise, just use a grommet to plug the hole and no drilling necessary. They are a world of difference. Would be worth doing the headlight relay upgrade as it does draw more juice (which goes via the lightswitch so the switch can burn it out). I haven't done the relay mod yet, it's on the list...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7inch-H4-Halo ... 1778161937

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").