The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:41 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
PistonHeads are having a FREE Sunday Service at Santa Pod, which I'm on the list for.
There is a £30 RWYB option for up to 200 cars, but I'm waiting until I get there, to check, how many have signed up for the track, and of course the weather.
Planning on getting there early, and, depending on how good the action is, getting away in time for The Goat at lunchtime on the way home.
These Sunday Services can vary as to how interesting they are. Loads of M3s and 911s don't really float my boat, and lately I have withdrawn from the entry list of several, in favour of something more local, and more diverse, if smaller.
Or just for the lie-in (they start early).

This Sunday (April 3rd) at Santa Pod

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted:Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:26 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1999 Camaro Z28, Black.
I'd have joined you nut heading to Shakespeare open day on the 2nd, and won't get a two day pass as having a weekend away with the other half, so lucky to get away with this :)

PostPosted:Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:26 am 
Big Block

Get there early, remember your licence, signing on is at the startling endof the track, do that first and get in the Que, your fastest runs will be early morning when the air is cold and dense

PostPosted:Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:38 am 
Big Block

Car Details:1999 Camaro Z28, Black.
Thanks, I'll remember that, but as this is first time I really going to meet a couple of friends running their motors and get a feel for how things go on the day.

Bit of prep for when I know the car a little better and only had it a few weeks so far :)

PostPosted:Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:20 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
At Santa Pod the meeting start time was 08:30, there had been some overnight rain and the roads on the journey were still damp. There were hundreds of cars there.
They spent the first two hours drying out the track, and the queue to run was huge, so I didn't sign up. Left around 11:30 but the track action went on till mid-afternoon.

Went straight to The Goat at Hertford Heath, which was very well attended, with a more interesting selection of cars, by which time the weather was a lot warmer.

Will maybe try Santa Pod on a completely dry RWYB day, when there is no other event on.

PostPosted:Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:22 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS T-Top Japanese import. 305 TBI > 700R4
A real shame that this was your first experience of Santa Pod and RWYB. I was there the day before and there was at most 50 cars on site, got there at 9:30, pulled down the fire up road, signed on and then just pulled up the front of the queue. Did about 5 runs back to back before having a break to collect my timing tickets. Then went back out for another couple of runs, at this point the queue was back to the crossing, and there were only about 4 bikes on site making the car line run very quickly. By mid afternoon I had proven what I needed to, which was consistently being able to shift the second gear and ran three 13.55 runs back to back. That meant I spend most of the afternoon perfecting my soon to be needed burnout technique.

Not going to lie, those RWYB were you pull round and you're back on the start line are few and far between, but it certainly makes you feel happy that this sport is so cheap and easy to take part in.