The Camaro Club (UK)

Online Community for all Camaro Owners and enthusiasts
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted:Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:31 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:'79 Camaro, 350 V8
Hopefully will see you both there :)

Looks like we'll be leaving at 5:15 so should be there at 6. A bit late, as it starts at 4 and people start leaving for Chelsea around 6. Hopefully see a few people!

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

Re: Ace Cafe Sat 29th April

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted:Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:02 pm 
Big Block

Good turnout at Ace yesterday. Was good to see Barry and his Camaro and have a bit of a catch up (sorry the conversation was a little short, I was still dealing with a lot of nerves still!). Will put some pics up as there were some nice cars. Was more an American Cruise in than Chevy special as there was an even mix of cars but still nice to see them all.

It was the debut trip for my Camaro and certainly a lot of nerves and anxiety going on. Few interesting niggles turned up and I'll add these to my project thread.

No major issues with mine but Phill who drove up with me in his '79 which he's had for 20+ years had a dead battery when we went to leave. We brought loads of tools with us, oils, fluids, air pump etc. and the one thing we didn't bring was jump leads, which is the one thing we did need. After much asking around and eventually finding some small motorbike leads, the battery wasn't taking charge from another car, so the bar manager was kind enough to let us take the battery out of his car and hook it up so that Phill could start his car, then with it running, take the good battery out and put the knackered one in. Certainly couldn't do that on a modern car! Phill made it back home so all was sorted :thumbup:

Will be great to be there next time and hopefully see a few more people there.

How to post pics: When writing a message, scroll down and use the "attach file" option. Where possible, a photo sharing service can be used such as Flickr, Imgur etc. The image location (usually ending in .jpg) can be copy and pasted between the ][ brackets that appear when you click the 'Img' button (you can find this button at the top of the message box).

How to post youtube vids: Click on the 'youtubeHD' button at the top of the message box and in the middle of the ][ brackets that just appeared, copy and paste everything from the youtube web address that appears after the = sign i.e if this is the url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cNqaPSHv0 just copy "K2cNqaPSHv0").

PostPosted:Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:40 pm 
Big Block

Car Details:1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 454
Sorry I only said a quick hello! I am not sure i even saw your car.

I headed down to Chelsea Bridge (well Battersea Park) and it was pretty quiet, but I didn't stay past 19.30 cos of the little one.

PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2017 10:59 am 
Big Block

We ended up making it there about 6:30 I think, so a few cars were leaving around then. I was driving a bit slow and cautiously and stopped off for checks, so would have caught you just in time if we left a bit earlier.

PostPosted:Tue May 02, 2017 11:02 am 
Big Block

Car Details:'99 LS1 Z28 Red, Black Roof T-tops.
Good turnout at the Ace on Saturday. Live band inside as well.
Nice to see firebird68, Oddball & family, and 78 Camaro. Although not all at the same time.
Finally convinced that Ray's car is not a myth (female moth).
Did not know previously about the custom front and rear, certainly stands out.

Us 'Norf of London" lot really need to sort out a regular meet!